Video Business Card Information
What is a video business card?
- A video business card (VBC) is a short-form video typically 90 seconds to 3 minutes long that describes you, your business, and your awesome products.
- They explain your brand and your business’ story. People love stories.
- These videos explain why a customer should buy from you instead of your competition.
- They explain why you are great and why you are the expert.
- They build trust and rapport with your customer before you’ve even met them. And trust leads to $ale$.
- Having a video business card on your website is like having a sales rep working for you 24/7. And they say the perfect pitch every time!
- They drive traffic to your web site and improve conversions.
- These videos are typically placed on your website's home page but they can also be placed on your social media sites, too.
Your video should tell a story
- Define the objective. What do you want your customers to feel, think, and do after learning your story?
- Look for a relevant success, failure, or moment of clarity. What happened that went right or wrong? Humans learn more from failures than successes.
- Make sure your intended audience will identify with the hero, obstacle, and struggle.
- Use humor in your story because making us laugh will make us listen better.
- Make your customer the hero by them using your products to solve their problem.
- Put the audience at the centre of your message. (Don’t focus on your company and its products; focus on how your company and your products will help your customer).
- Give the customer something they don’t know and leave them wanting more (cliff-hanger).
- Content should educate, inspire, and entertain.
Gestures: always use them when
- indicating numbers (hold up 3 fingers when indicating 3),
- sizing: a small or large amount,
- being personal: touch your heart when it means something to you.